Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back with Something Minor to Report

When I started blogging I read a couple tips for bloggers. One of the things I learned is that a blogger should never apologize for an absence. Apparently, people don't like reading other people's apologies.

I am sorry I have been MIA

I have always been a bit of a rebel (this statement is not really that true).

I think I was busy, but I can't remember what I doing.

Meanwhile back in the sewing room, I had a super productive sewing weekend. I finished the binding on a quilt, but I have not managed to work up the energy for a photo shoot.

I finished a rocking border for one of the medallion traveling quilt groups I am in (seriously, I am in two medallion alongs right now). This is a secret quilt, so I can only show a peek. You will have to trust me, it is boss.


This is Paige's quilt and I do not think I am going out on a limb when I say, we are heading exactly in the direction she pointed us.

Then I made the center/starter for my SURMA medallion traveling quilt group I am doing. This one is with my mountain sewing ladies, although we prefer to think of ourselves as members of Sigma Sigma Upsilon. It is not secret, so I can show you my work every month (for you savvy instagram people #surmasewing).


My medallion theme is "I love color." I am going for a color block/low volume theme, where each border is a scrappy version of a different color (chosen by the maker that month). I decided to make the center my favorite color, BLUE!

The block was made using the Ice Star pattern, which is free from Sew What Sherlock. Full disclosure on this buddy, it was a great pattern, very easy to follow and gorgeous, but it took FOREVER.


I am showing you this picture to give you an idea about how many pieces it took.

My center is now out in the wild, I will not get to see it in person for about a year... But I will get to see pictures.  Yay!


I have some neat projects in the works. I promise I will come back soon.

Tonight I am in a hotel room and I am exhausted. I think I might even be too tired for reality TV... bizarre...

My next post will be cuteness overload, so prepare yourself (I feel I should mention it will not be my cat, although he is cute).

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

19 comments:

  1. Your center star is AMAZING. I love it - great pattern, great fabric/colour choices. As I am part British I have a great appreciation for apologies as I am always apologizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I apologize way too much... but, oh well!

      Delete
  2. Wowwww that blue star is gorgggggeous. Yes yes yes. Gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh! The star. I mean really THE STAR. Every single minute of that make was worth it because it rocks. Totally rocks. I especially love the effect that the white tips give - almost like a shooting outward motion?!!! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are just so dang funny! I don't like when people apologize for being a bad blogger, but it never used to bother me until I started reading that it bothers other people! The power of persuasion! Anyway, please don't be gone too long, I enjoy reading about what you are up to (sometimes IG just isn't enough). Oh yeah, and your projects are fab - the border on the other medallion quilt looks amazing, feel free to do that to my medallion!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue star - it looks just like the blue you see in Arctic ice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry you are not sorry for being sorry about that thing. I havent blogged in weeks and am not sorry about that either. I am hoping the cold weather will bring me back to my sewing chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you are not sorry for being sorry about that thing. I havent blogged in weeks and am not sorry about that either. I am hoping the cold weather will bring me back to my sewing chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The star is gorgeous - very icy looking! The colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Blue is totally my favorite color so it was fun to pick them all out.

      Delete
  9. Don't be sorry for anything. You are exactly where you are supposed to be, so enjoy! Great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Most of the time when I am not blogging I am sewing... so you are right. It feels so good.

      Delete
  10. oh that blue one is fantastic!

    I dont care if folks apologize or not. I'm only bothered when people post of the sake of posting and don't actually have anything to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love your ice star! Perfect colours and fabrics for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats for the post and getting one in :-) I love the Wips and that star is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me laugh so we'll definitely accept your apology ;) Everyone loves a rebel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not too much of a rebel really, but I like to pretend I am. Love your name!

      Delete
  14. Umm, I'm in love with my drunkard's medallion and CAN'T WAIT to see it all. The center of your "I love color" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kind of like it when bloggers don't post everyday. Especially my favorites, because then I don't have to comment everyday! That center medallion is amazing and will be so beautiful when your bee is finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for sending me a message. I try to respond to every single comment I get, but sometimes it takes me a bit when life gets crazy. I see them right away and I love you all.